💡 If you apply, we'd love you to tell us about the most challenging design problem you’ve worked on and share your most recent work.
The Lead Product Designer:
We're looking for a strong functional thinker who combines their creativity with their analytical chops to join the team as our founding product designer. In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
Setting the tone:
- You’ll have a prominent voice in all UX and visual design decisions, while working closely with highly collaborative and cross-functional team members to plan, design, and implement.
- We will look to you to:
- Investigate user feedback to translate pain points into product ideation, and complex user flows into simple UIs.
- Dive into Figma files, and offer ideation and thought partnership
- Collaborate with our Product team on the product design process, including providing feedback on the planning, executing, synthesizing, and iteration of our product experiments.
Understanding the PIM / KMS space:
- Given the nature of the problem, our product is large and we are still building basic, critical “table-stakes” functionality. Basic does not mean that these functionalities are not complex. They are simply table stakes. So, we will look to you to:
- Collaborate with the team to develop a deep understanding and outcomes of these functionalities;
- Translate the understanding into visual references for the team to align on, and that can be used to facilitate product design ideation;
- Creativity is fully embraced at Edvo, and we commit to thinking outside of the box when ideating approaches to facilitate product functions. A thorough understanding of Personal Information Management / Knowledge Management Systems proves to be valuable for the ideation process. Our team makes time every week to further our collective understanding of the space.
Building a foundation:
- Work we do today can make our future work better and faster. Since our product is tackling a complex problem, we’ll need to build a foundation that is flexible and allows us to adapt to a wide variety of product needs. By investing in our own productivity, we can get more done with less – we can work smarter. We believe that a strong product design team requires soft skills every bit as much as design skills. We're seeking unusually skilled and emotionally-intelligent communicators. We ask questions early and often. We don’t know things – we perceive things. We don’t need to have good answers, we strive to have good questions.
- $90,000 - $150,000 + equity